Welcome to www.KempsConsulting.com the website of independent contractor Kate E. Stephenson. You may find below the following terms and policies: Website Policy and Terms, Payment and Compensation, and Privacy. These terms extend to all functions of Kemps Consulting business, projects and communications.
Website Policy and Terms
The term “Kate E. Stephenson” or “me” or “I” or “my” refers to the owner of the website. The term “you” or “your” refers to the client, user or viewer of the website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither I nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and I expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which I shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by me; all content of this website is protected under copyright law, is the sole intellectual property of Kate E. Stephenson, and may not be reproduced or used for any reason without the expressed written consent of Kate E. Stephenson. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics, excluding those owned by the host site Blue Host or the template creator PaddSolutions (refer to their terms and conditions for such materials).
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not necessarily signify that I endorse the website(s). I have no responsibility for the content or performance of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without my prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States of America.
Payment and Compensation
All projects require advance payment. This payment is non-refundable. No service shall be rendered without prior compensation, which may be in full or in part as determined by the written contractual agreement (estimate, quote, and/or invoice). All projects of less than $300 dollars must be paid in full in advance. Projects with a value greater than $300 may warrant a payment plan, whose scheduled payments will be predetermined and mutually agreed upon by myself and the client; any balance on such plan is due immediately upon project completion.
For your convenience, PayPal is the preferred method of payment; please see PayPal’s terms and conditions for detailed information. Cash and Money Order are also approved methods of payment. Money Orders must be made payable to Kate E. Stephenson. I do not accept Personal Checks.
Payment is forfeit after 30 days of non-communication. Payment, either in full or as deposit, is considered a reservation of my professional time. I will make every effort to complete your project within a reasonable and agreed upon timetable, and you agree to respond to all communications in kind. Projects may be delayed by the client for various reasons; therefore, I allow up to 30 days from my last communication with you to resume a project without penalty. After 30 days, any additional work desired on the project is considered a new project with a new timetable and new budget. The payment terms above will apply. Likewise, I reserve the right to charge a recovery fee to forward any client project materials retired from my calendar (older than 30 days).
This website is not intended as an information gathering vehicle, rather as a general information source for potential and current clients. Nonetheless, I stringently believe in the privacy of my clients and endeavor to maintain the strictest privacy and confidentiality for client information, materials and products. Therefore I offer the following provisions for confidentiality and proprietary rights.
- Confidentiality: In connection with the performance of service, Kate E. Stephenson will be exposed to confidential and proprietary information, including intellectual property and personally identifying information such as email, address, phone number, and financial information (eg. bank and credit card information), belonging to clients or to the publishing operations of the client. Clients and potential clients who supply email addresses in order to establish a line of communication consent, opt in, to receive occasional notifications and/or advertisements from me in relation to this service; you may request to stop receiving, or opt out, of these correspondence at any time via email or phone. I will keep strictly confidential all proprietary and confidential information, and will not disclose to third parties, or copy or reproduce, any such information or any information created in my performance of services, unless given express written consent. This provision shall survive termination and/or completion of all other Agreements.
- (Limited) Proprietary Rights:
- This agreement excludes all marketing, advertising and desktop publishing design materials, unless specifically noted in the contractual agreement. Such materials as I have designed, remain my sole intellectual property and may be used for the benefit of multiple non-related purposes, unless other arrangements have been made.
- I acknowledge that I have no right to or interest in the work or products of my clients, or any of the materials created in connection with the services I provide. I also acknowledge that my work, services and products thereof have been specially commissioned or ordered by the client as “works made for hire” as that term is used in the Copyright Law of the United States, and that the client is therefore the owner of all copyrights in and to such materials. In the event that such materials, or any portion thereof, are for any reason deemed not to have been works made for hire, I hereby assign to clients any and all right, title and interest in and to the materials, including all copyrights, publishing rights, rights to use, reproduce or otherwise exploit materials throughout the world in all languages, in any manner whatsoever, including, without limitation, in any format or medium now known of hereafter known. I will keep strictly confidential all project materials, and will not copy or reproduce, any information created in my performance of services, unless given express consent. Any consensual reproduction of materials shall be used as sample work solely for the purpose of providing reference for potential clientele.