Welcome to www.KempsConsulting.com the website of independent contractor Kate E. Stephenson. You may find below the following terms and policies: Website Policy and Terms, Payment and Compensation, and Privacy. These terms extend to all functions of Kemps Consulting business, projects and communications.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither I nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and I expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which I shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by me; all content of this website is protected under copyright law, is the sole intellectual property of Kate E. Stephenson, and may not be reproduced or used for any reason without the expressed written consent of Kate E. Stephenson. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics, excluding those owned by the host site Blue Host or the template creator VPThemes (refer to their terms and conditions for such materials).
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not necessarily signify that I endorse the website(s). I have no responsibility for the content or performance of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without my prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States of America.
Payment and Compensation All projects require advance payment. This payment is non-refundable. No service shall be rendered without prior compensation, which may be in full or in part as determined by the written contractual agreement (estimate, quote, and/or invoice). All projects of less than $300 dollars must be paid in full in advance. Projects with a value greater than $300 may warrant a payment plan, whose scheduled payments will be predetermined and mutually agreed upon; any balance on such plan is due immediately upon project completion unless otherwise noted within the contractual agreement.
Method of Payment. For your convenience, PayPal is the preferred method of payment; please see PayPal’s terms and conditions for detailed information. Cash and Money Order are also approved methods of payment. Money Orders must be made payable to Kate E. Stephenson. Personal Checks are not accepted.
Change of Order. Payment, either in full or as deposit, is considered a reservation of professional time. Compensation is calculated based on estimated project hours. Any appreciable variation from estimated hours or requested additional hours constitute a change of order. Any change in order will result in a change of project fee; this fee is disclosed before it is billed.
Project Completion & Archival. Every effort will be made to complete projects within a reasonable and agreed upon time frame; consistent client communication is required to ensure project success. As life does not stop for business activities, it is understood that communication may be delayed for various reasons; therefore, I allow up to 30 days from the last communication to resume a project without penalty. After 30 days, deposit and/or all project payments are forfeit. Any future work desired is a new project with new terms. Likewise, I reserve the right to charge a recovery fee to forward any archived client project materials; materials are archived when retired from my calendar after 30 days from last communication or project completion unless client specifically requests such documents be destroyed.
- Confidentiality: In connection with the performance of service, Kate E. Stephenson will be exposed to confidential and proprietary information, including intellectual property and personally identifying information such as email, address, phone number, and financial information (eg. bank and credit card information), belonging to clients or to the publishing operations of the client. Clients and potential clients who supply email addresses in order to establish a line of communication consent, opt in, to receive occasional notifications and/or advertisements from me in relation to this service; you may request to stop receiving, or opt out, of these correspondences at any time via provided options within correspondences. I will keep strictly confidential all proprietary and confidential information, and will not disclose to third parties, or copy or reproduce, any such information or any information created in my performance of services, unless given express written consent. This provision shall survive termination and/or completion of all other Agreements.
- (Limited) Proprietary Rights:
- This agreement excludes all marketing, advertising and desktop publishing design materials, unless specifically noted in the contractual agreement. Such materials as I have designed, remain my sole intellectual property and may be used for the benefit of multiple non-related purposes, unless other arrangements have been made.
- Except as specified within individual projects in which I retain rights as a major contributor, as specified within the contract or agreement, I acknowledge that I have no right to or interest in the work or products of my clients, or any of the materials created in connection with the services I provide. I also acknowledge that my work, services and products thereof have been specially commissioned or ordered by the client as “works made for hire” as that term is used in the Copyright Law of the United States, and that the client is therefore the owner of all copyrights in and to such materials. In the event that such materials, or any portion thereof, are for any reason deemed not to have been works made for hire, I hereby assign to clients any and all right, title and interest in and to the materials, including all copyrights, publishing rights, rights to use, reproduce or otherwise exploit materials throughout the world in all languages, in any manner whatsoever, including, without limitation, in any format or medium now known of hereafter known. I will keep strictly confidential all project materials, and will not copy or reproduce, any information created in my performance of services, unless given express consent. Any consensual reproduction of materials shall be used as sample work solely for the purpose of providing reference for potential clientele.
- Kemps Consulting reserves the right to use the name/company name, project title, general service provided, excerpts and project representations as appropriate within any promotional and marketing activities and content for the sole purpose of building and advertising a professional portfolio.
Updated March 10, 2016